Adjustments to cookbook:
First and foremost, I was very happy to compile the Camp Florida Cookbook as a fund raiser for our park. With having almost 150 recipes submitted it is possible that some mistakes will occur, and I apologize for that. With that being said, here are the corrections needed, listed by page and recipe.
- Page 14 – Swedish Danties should also have 1 3/4 cup flour in the ingredients.
- Page 19 – Mom Scott’s Cinnamon rolls should note that after dumping dough onto floured surface and adding a little flour until you can roll like play dough (try not to over handle).
- Page 28 – Ritzema’s Salmon Chowder should be cooked for about 20 minutes until carrots are nearly tender.
- Page 33 – Woodhull Chicken Soup is missing 1 large can chicken broth to the ingredients.
- Page 72 -Apple Pie – for the filling mix apples, flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, add sprite so apples don’t brown, put into crust.
- Page 73 – Baked-Sale Lemon Bars needs 3 eggs, lightly beaten and 1 1 /2 cups sugar added to the ingredients.
- Page 83 – Oh Henry Bars should only have 1 cup sugar NOT 11 !
- Page 84 – Peach Of A Pie is missing 4 tbsp cornstarch in the ingredients.
Again, it really was a pleasure to make this cookbook. I hope everyone accepts my apologies while still enjoying the book.